Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs
Wednesday, 24 February 2016
Our Not Dogs Winter Sausage Selfies differ quite a lot from our Summer ones filled with sunglasses and sunshine but they still contain lots of smiles! Here's a round-up from Winter seasons spent inside a chilly wooden chalet or toasty at a fun event... Enjoy!
Thursday, 18 February 2016
We hope you all enjoyed celebrating love this Valentine's Day! It got us thinking about how far we’ve come over the last 18 months, and how much of it is solely down to how much love we’ve had from our Not Dogs fans. We honestly couldn’t have it done it without all of you supporting us and giving us such valued opinions and feedback, we will always, always promise to create and develop Not Dogs with all of you in the forefront of our minds! Thank you for all of this love right here…
Tuesday, 9 February 2016
Love is certainly in the air at Not Dogs this week so what better way to share the love than to create a Valentine's inspired recipe!
Our friend Lucy's favourite food is Italian and we've always wanted to create a Not Dog with roots in Italy so, we came up with The Lover-ly Lucy Dog and here's the recipe...
The Lover-ly Lucy Dog
Quorn Bratwurst topped with marinara sauce, melted mozzarella, grated parmesan and
4 Quorn Sausages or Hotdogs
4 Hotdog buns or wraps
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 can quality chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
100g grated mozzarella
4 tbsp vegetarian parmesan cheese, grated
12 fresh basil leaves
1. Put the olive oil and garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium
2. Cook until the garlic is soft and lightly browned
3. Add oregano and stir for 1 minute
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, mix together and bring to the boil, simmer for 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick you like it), adding in salt and pepper to taste
5. While simmering, cook the sausages or hotdogs according to the packet instructions and pre-heat the grill to low
6. Put the cooked sausage or hotdog into a bun or wrap, drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on top - across the whole sausage, sprinkle 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan on top followed by 25g of grated mozzarella
7. Assemble each Not Dog as above and then put all under the grill for approximately 5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they don't burn
8. Finally, put 3 basil leaves on top of each Not Dog and enjoy!
Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs
Wednesday, 3 February 2016
In preparation for next Monday, we thought we’d let you know how much Not Dogs loves Meat Free Monday & all the reasons why going meat-free for at least one day a week helps the world in so many different ways! Here’s why we are so inspired by #MFM…
- It’s a day where you can pack in the vegetables and increase your levels of plant-based food, getting you off to a great healthy start to the week after you’ve may have over-indulged at the weekend
- This day marks a commitment to eating animal-free (even just for one day each week!) and reducing the overall amount we consume in the UK which is not currently at sustainable levels for our future. Yay for our animal friends!
- Just one meat free day a week you will help the environment! Producing 1kg of beef requires 15,000 litres of water, 30kg of carbon dioxide or equivalent in greenhouse gas emissions and 5m2 of land. Using a meat alternative such as Quorn requires 10 times less water, no animals, produces 90% lower emissions than beef and contains 90% less saturated fat
- Reducing the amount of processed meat in your diet will go towards making you healthier, especially if you are used to eating lots of processed meat each week – as long as you are still committing to a healthy balanced meal… put down the ice-cream! Research by Oxford University found that 45,000 lives a year would be saved in the UK by people reducing their meat intake; 31,000 from heart disease, 9,000 from cancer and 5,000 from strokes
- It’s one day a week where you can experiment in the kitchen and get little creative if you want to! Sometimes the best things are created because you are forced to think a little differently! You can find some delicious, tasty & quick meat-free recipes here http://www.meatfreemondays.com/recipes/
- It will soon be the day of the week to eat a delicious, satisfying, 8” hot dog at the very first Not Dogs restaurant! Meaty Meals Without the Meat – perfect for vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers alike! We’ll keep you posted on that one...
848,969 people support Meat Free Monday including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Spacey and Ricky Gervais – join in and find out more at www.meatfreemonday.com
Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs