Love is certainly in the air at Not Dogs this week so what better way to share the love than to create a Valentine's inspired recipe!
Our friend Lucy's favourite food is Italian and we've always wanted to create a Not Dog with roots in Italy so, we came up with The Lover-ly Lucy Dog and here's the recipe...
The Lover-ly Lucy Dog
Quorn Bratwurst topped with marinara sauce, melted mozzarella, grated parmesan and
4 Quorn Sausages or Hotdogs
4 Hotdog buns or wraps
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 can quality chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
100g grated mozzarella
4 tbsp vegetarian parmesan cheese, grated
12 fresh basil leaves
1. Put the olive oil and garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium
2. Cook until the garlic is soft and lightly browned
3. Add oregano and stir for 1 minute
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, mix together and bring to the boil, simmer for 10-15 minutes (depending on how thick you like it), adding in salt and pepper to taste
5. While simmering, cook the sausages or hotdogs according to the packet instructions and pre-heat the grill to low
6. Put the cooked sausage or hotdog into a bun or wrap, drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on top - across the whole sausage, sprinkle 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan on top followed by 25g of grated mozzarella
7. Assemble each Not Dog as above and then put all under the grill for approximately 5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they don't burn
8. Finally, put 3 basil leaves on top of each Not Dog and enjoy!
Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs