In preparation for next Monday, we thought we’d let you know how much Not Dogs loves Meat Free Monday & all the reasons why going meat-free for at least one day a week helps the world in so many different ways! Here’s why we are so inspired by #MFM…
- It’s a day where you can pack in the vegetables and increase your levels of plant-based food, getting you off to a great healthy start to the week after you’ve may have over-indulged at the weekend
- This day marks a commitment to eating animal-free (even just for one day each week!) and reducing the overall amount we consume in the UK which is not currently at sustainable levels for our future. Yay for our animal friends!
- Just one meat free day a week you will help the environment! Producing 1kg of beef requires 15,000 litres of water, 30kg of carbon dioxide or equivalent in greenhouse gas emissions and 5m2 of land. Using a meat alternative such as Quorn requires 10 times less water, no animals, produces 90% lower emissions than beef and contains 90% less saturated fat
- Reducing the amount of processed meat in your diet will go towards making you healthier, especially if you are used to eating lots of processed meat each week – as long as you are still committing to a healthy balanced meal… put down the ice-cream! Research by Oxford University found that 45,000 lives a year would be saved in the UK by people reducing their meat intake; 31,000 from heart disease, 9,000 from cancer and 5,000 from strokes
- It’s one day a week where you can experiment in the kitchen and get little creative if you want to! Sometimes the best things are created because you are forced to think a little differently! You can find some delicious, tasty & quick meat-free recipes here http://www.meatfreemondays.com/recipes/
- It will soon be the day of the week to eat a delicious, satisfying, 8” hot dog at the very first Not Dogs restaurant! Meaty Meals Without the Meat – perfect for vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers alike! We’ll keep you posted on that one...
848,969 people support Meat Free Monday including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Spacey and Ricky Gervais – join in and find out more at www.meatfreemonday.com
Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs