This lively Not Dog with jalapeños, crispy lettuce, mango mayonnaise and jerk sauce, will awaken your taste buds and bring a touch of the Jamaican sunshine to your BBQ!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 Quorn Hot Dogs
4 hot dog buns
Sliced pickled green jalapeños
4 Iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
1/2 ripe mango, flesh finely chopped
1/2 lime, juice and zest
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/4 white onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 scotch bonnet chilli, deseeded if you’d like less heat!
Pinch dried thyme
1/2 lime, juice
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground allspice
Pinch of salt
* There’s some great pre-made jerk sauces available if you don’t fancy making the sauce at home, but, it’ll be worth it!
- Put the mayonnaise, chopped mango and lime juice and zest in a bowl. Mix together vigorously and put in the fridge to chill
- Pop all the ingredients for the jerk sauce in a food processor and blend into a paste, adding cold water a tablespoon at a time to create the desired consistency. Put to the side while you prepare the hot dogs
- Cook the Quorn Hot Dogs as per the packet instructions. Meanwhile, get all your prepared ingredients (jalapeños, lettuce, mango mayo and jerk sauce) ready for topping
- Once the Hot Dogs are cooked, put one into each bun. Now it’s time to assemble your Not Dogs...
- First, spoon on the jerk sauce, covering each Hot Dog evenly
- Sprinkle on the lettuce on each
- Next, put on the mango mayonnaise (if you have a plastic squeezy bottle use that!)
- Finally, top each Not Dog with 4 slices of jalapeño
Eat. Sleep. Not Dogs